Wednesday, November 2, 2011

IOWA - The Hawkeye State


 
I O W A - I am so excited for Iowa.  Steve and Meredith are from Iowa and they are coming for dinner along with Louise (whose sister lives in Iowa) and Diane (who could be from Iowa).  Sydney met Meredith 3 1/2 years ago when she moved from Iowa to Washington.  We ♥ the Larsons and I think we are going to ♥ Iowa food too.  I found a great website called IowaGirlEats.com, it has fantastic recipes and is very entertaining.



The Menu
Pabst Blue Ribbon (not exactly from Iowa but it is what Iowans drink - Steve assured me)
Blue Bunny Ice Cream

It was a great night.  We learned a lot about Iowa and I really want to visit one day.  Steve brought the Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) and the Blue Bunny Ice Cream.   Steve said the Maid Rite sandwiches tasted just like he remembered them.  The corn casserole was good (I think a pound of bacon helps) and the sweet potato fries were yummy and really easy to make.  The Dutch Letter Cookies were delicious and I will definitely make them again.

Iowa was a great night, although I am a little bit tired of meat sandwiches and corn.  Wonderful friends and good conversation made the night go by too fast.  I played the Music Man sound track which brought back a lot of memories from my childhood.  We are now finished with the letter I states and are moving onto Kansas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment