Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Indiana - The Hoosier State



I have never been to Indiana, but I love their food.  Indiana's state motto is "The Crossroads of America", which seems appropriate. 

Hoosier Menu
Traditional Indiana Breaded Tenderloin Sandwich
Indiana Succotash
VanCamp Pork and Beans
Sugar Cream Pie

Indiana proved to be the easiest state to find recipes for the famous Hoosier cuisine.  Everywhere I looked I came up with the same food, breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches and sugar cream pie.

Indiana is the home of VanCamp Pork and Beans, popcorn and John Mellancamp. The state drink is water, which the boys thought was boring (they were hoping for soda).

         



Ted and Louise joined us for dinner.  The pork sandwiches were really good.  Will didn't eat anything but the sandwich, he ate half of mine and some of Sydney's as well.  I had to make the sugar cream pie twice.  The first one didn't set up, the second set up but still didn't turn out great.  The consistency was not very appetizing.  I will have to try it again, with a third recipe.  I have been told sugar cream pie is delicious, so far I am not convinced.  The Indiana Succotash was my favorite, Indiana Succotash is with green beans and corn and spices.  It was a great meal and an easy one to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment