Monday, November 21, 2011

Louisiana - The Pelican State/ The Bayou State

    ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥


We could probably spend the whole year eating famous food from Louisiana.
I love Louisiana cuisine!
 

My only experience in Louisiana is going to Mardi Gras in 1988.  I only needed to experience Mardi Gras once, but the cuisine should be experienced over and over again.

The timing worked out perfect for this meal, my niece and nephews were back from Auburn, on break from college.  Nothing brings me more joy than being with Leslie, Sam and Joe! 

The food was wonderful.  The jambalaya was different than what I have made before but good.  Leslie made the cajun shrimp (and scallops) and the red beans and rice, both were delicious.  The yam corn bread was good, as usual I thought it was too dry.  The greens were fantastic, Conner earned himself $20 by eating 2 helpings.  It turns out that Ted has been paying the boys to eat green things.  Going green has taken on a whole new definition by the Daniel boys, they get green by eating greens.


The Hurricanes were good, we served them in red cups in honor of Bourbon Street.  The wort part of the meal was the King Cake.  I admittedly messed up the recipe and added too much sugar.  I am not sure whether it would have been any better if I had followed the recipe.  No one found the baby in the cake, although Will checked every piece.  Sydney's friend Lauren joined us for dinner too.  She was gracious and didn't appear too shocked by the conversation. 

My son Conner is the biggest New Orleans Saints fan I know.  He loved the Saints when they were the Aints.  Conner supplied us in Saints Jerseys.  Ted had everyone tell there favorite New Orleans story, if you have been to New Orleans, you will have a tale to tell.
 
The Menu

Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya
Louisiana Style Greens with Sausage

King Cake
Hurricanes for the over 21 and  French Market Lemonade for the others




♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥ L O U I S I A N A ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment