Monday, October 3, 2011

Hawaii - The Aloha State



Hawaii should be a fun state to cook and to eat.  I think the boys will eat almost everything.  My friend Katie is joining us for dinner and any meal with Katie is a treat.    The menu this week was pretty easy.  We definitely had to have something skewered, fruit, spam and macaroni salad. 

This meal is dedicated to Louise Warren, who was born in Hawaii, I think that makes her Hawaiian.  I promise to re-do the meal (if it turns out) when she gets home from her travels. 
The Menu:
Blue Hawaii Martini (Jody and Katie) and Hawaiian Punch (Kids)



Aloha,

It turned out to be a fun meal.  The Chicken Kabobs were a hit.  It turns out no one in the family really likes Spam.  I have had better Pineapple Upside Down Cake, it was a bit dry, maybe because I left it in the oven too long.  Katie enjoyed the Blue Martini, I hated it (I thought maybe if the martini was a pretty color it would taste better to me, it didn't).

My friend Lisa Billing donated the Hawaiian decorations, which added to the fun.  Best part of the night was spending time with Katie.  Next week, Idaho...definitely potatoes and something with huckleberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment