Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nevada - The Silver State

 




I have only been in Nevada once, although  I have been in the airport several times.  I spent a long weekend in Vegas years ago with Allen, Ted and the kids.  Sydney was 4, Conner was 1 and Will was 3 months old.  The flight to and from Vegas was so memorable that I am sure passengers are still talking about my boys. 

The food in Vegas consisted of lots of all you can eat buffets and booze.  I decided to go with the Basque theme for the menu.  Basque sheepherder's immigrated to northern Nevada during the gold rush.  We went with a Lamb Stew, which was really good.  Conner loves lamb so this was a real hit for him.  I also made a salad with the Nevada Hotel Basque Salad Dressing, which was delicious.  The Basque Shepherd's Bread was OK.  I made individual loafs so it was a bowl for the lamb stew.


For dessert the choice was flan or Chocolate Nuggets.  We hate flan so we went with the Chocolate Nuggets, I am not sure we made the right decision.  The dessert didn't setup and its consistency was a little firmer than pudding (we hate pudding too).  Fortunately Louise brought Girl Scout Cookies and her dad Chuck, so we had dessert and great company.

Next up is New Hampshire...





♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment