Monday, February 20, 2012

Montana - The Treasure State

I spent a few days in Montana in 2010.  I arrived at 10 pm in Bozeman after driving for 10 hours with a girlfriend and 5 cranky kids in a minivan.  There were no affordable hotel rooms and it looked like we were going to have to drive for a while to find a place to stay.  My friend Lisa called her cousin who happened to lie in Bozeman and they put all 7 of us up for 3 days.  Needless to say I fell in love with Montana and the people who lived there.  They are some of the nicest folks I have ever met.

Our Montana meal was really easy to prepare and everybody ate everything.  We decided that we had to have bison burgers for dinner since we saw a lot of buffalo while we were there.  The kale chips were fantastic, even Will liked them.  We rounded out the meal with baked potatoes.  I searched all over for huckleberries but they aren't in season.  The kids had Flathead Lake Monster Huckleberry Soda (which they have had before and loved) and I had a Black Star Golden Lager (it was OK).  



We listened to Hannah Montana, who I don't think is from Montana but it was fun music to listen to since the kids actually liked her a number of years ago.  For dessert since I couldn't make a huckleberry pie I made Montana Monster Cookies.  They were delicious, easy to make and gluten free.  I will make them again and again.

Montana is a great state with a lot of good food and sweet memories


No comments:

Post a Comment