Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Hampshire - The Granite State



I have only driven through New Hampshire and it was a long time ago so I can't remember much about the state or the food.  Most of the New England states have similar cuisine.  New Hampshire is famous for pumpkins, it's the states food.  I couldn't even find canned pumpkins this time of year so I focused on the 2nd most famous food in New Hampshire, Maple Syrup. 

I made a Simple New Hampshire Beef Stew for dinner.  I have never made a lot of stews since my kids never liked their food touching when they were little, but it turns out my kids like stew.  The stew was good I will definitely make it again, it was so easy.  The Maple Syrup Bread was delicious, Will scarfed down all of the bread.  The New Hampshire Maple Mustard Salad Dressing was really good.

We ended the meal with Maple Brownies for dessert.  The brownies were really yummy too.  New Hampshire turned out to be a delicious meal.  For drinks we had Apple Cider (the official drink of NH) and Nut Brown Ale from RedHook.  It turns out RedHook has a brewery in Portsmouth NH.  Ted and Louise came for dinner, which is always a treat.

 

1 comment: