Saturday, January 28, 2012

Missouri - The Show Me State & My Birthday

 M I S S O U R I ♥ ♥ ♥ M I S S O U R I ♥ ♥ ♥ M I S S O U R I ♥ ♥ ♥ M I S S O U R I ♥ ♥ ♥

The cuisine from Missouri surprised me. I was expecting BBQ and Budweiser but ended up with Toasted Ravioli and Shock Top Raspberry Wheat Ale. Kansas City, Missouri is famous for its BBQ so we decided on KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce on Rib Eye Steak. I am not a big fan of beef but the kids really liked it. St. Louis, Missouri is famous for Toasted Ravioli. I never would have thought to fry ravioli but it is delicious.


We rounded out the meal with a St Louis Salad and some Missouri Beer Bread, both of which were great. For dessert we had Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream in a Cone. It turns out the Ice Cream Cone and Peanut Butter originated in Missouri. Missouri is a comfort food state.





Next up, Montana…We will all be wearing bandanas.


♥♥ B I R T H D AY ♥ ♥ B I R T H D AY ♥ ♥ B I R T H D AY ♥ ♥ B I R T H D AY ♥ ♥

My darling kids planned a surprise dinner party for me for my birthday.  Conner and Ted cooked lobster tails, which I loved. Soren made the salad, which was fantastic (Karen gets credit for telling him how to prepare it).  Louise and Sydney organized the evening and prepared the Sweet Potato Fries and Rolls, Conner made the chocolate cake, Ted made the best Whiskey Sours, Will set the table and I just sat back and enjoyed the evening.  I felt so loved and honored!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment