Saturday, January 21, 2012

M I S S I S S I P P I - The Magnolia State

M ♥ I ♥ S ♥ S ♥ I ♥ S ♥ S ♥ I ♥ P ♥ P ♥ I ♥ ♥ ♥ M ♥ I ♥ S ♥ S ♥ I ♥ S ♥ S ♥ I ♥ P ♥ P ♥ I ♥


Mississippi was everything I expected it to be, Southern Comfort Food!
We decided on Fried Catfish and Hush Puppies, Collard Greens and Mississippi Mud Cake.

It turns out it is extremely difficult to find catfish in Seattle when there is a snow storm.  I ended up using cod and we pretended  it was catfish.  Everything was delicious, what's not to love about fried food.  Sydney actually said the greens were almost as good as Allen's, which for me is a huge compliment.

The Mississippi Mud Cake was Paula Dean's recipe and it was fantastic, actually it was too good.  We drank Barq's soda which is from Mississippi (although Louisiana makes it too).


I have never been to Mississippi and I'm not sure I will ever visit but I definitely appreciate the cuisine.




No comments:

Post a Comment