Wednesday, June 26, 2013

North Dakota - Peace Garden State

The closest I have ever been to North Dakota is watching the movie Fargo (I love the Coen Brother movies) so I wasn't sure what to expect. It turns out a North Dakota meal consisted of a lot of potatoes.

The main dish for our North Dakota meal was Knoephla (pronounced Nipfla) which is a german soup. Knoephla is a chicken/milk base soup with potatoes and dumplings. It was tasty and definitely would be great on a cold rainy night. We also had Lefse, which are crepes made from potatoes. The crepes were good, Will loved them but they were a pain in neck to make. The Lefse served as our bread and dessert for the meal. I accompanied the meal with corn on the cob and German Red Cabbage, which I enjoyed but was not very popular with the younger crowd (Conner and Will).

I threw the meal together quickly since we were trying to get one more meal in before Sydney left for California for the summer. Louise joined us for dinner. It was a quiet state meal. We are moving on to Ohio next, not sure when that will happen, but it's going to happen. Cincinnati Chili, Buckeye Candy and Tomato Juice.





No comments:

Post a Comment