Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Massachusetts - The Old Colony State

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ M A S S A C H U S E T T S ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ M A S S A C H U S E T T S ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Massachusetts is known for Clam Chowder, Cranberries, Boston Cream Pie, Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies and Samuel Adams Beer.  I used Emeril's Boston Clam Chowder, it was delicious.  I used canned clams rather than whole clams. 

The Menu


We celebrated Massachusetts with the Warrens (Louise and all 3 kids home from Auburn), The Pilmans and the Wilsons.  It is always a great time when we are together.  The soup was easy to make and turned out great, everything was good, with the exception of the Boston Cream Pie.  I had one bite, which fro me was one too many.  I hate custard so it makes sense that I wouldn't like the Boston Cream Pie.  Only the adults ate the Boston Cream Pie, I think they were being polite by eating it, who knows maybe they like custard.

As good as the meal was, the best part of the meal was the company and the conversations.  Pete showed us videos of a recent trip to Chicago where the band was staying at the same hotel as a Furry Convention. 

We are going to take a few weeks off and start up in the new year with Michigan.  I have no idea what Michigan is famous for but I sure it will be fun!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ M A S S A C H U S E T T S ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ M A S S A C H U S E T T S ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment