Saturday, February 9, 2019

Texas

Texas - The Lone Star State
        

We arrived in Texas on Christmas day.  Christmas morning was a blast.  Anne Peters celebrated with us.  Conner made Chicken and Waffles, we opened gifts, drank champagne and had a wonderful time.  Sydney and I went to see Mary Poppins Returns and then we sat down to a Texas dinner. 



I've been to Texas a few times, Dallas and Austin.  Conner lived in Texas this past summer so he is our Texan expert.  We decided to do Brisket, Texas Home Fries, Texas Caviar, Texas Toast, Dr. Pepper and Pecan Pie. 



I did the Brisket in the Instant Pot since we were pressed for time.  The Brisket was good and was served with a Texas BBQ sauce.  The brisket was even better 2 days later when I made tacos for a bunch of Will's friends. 

The home fries were good, I should have made more of them. 

The Texas Caviar was just so-so.

The Texas Toast was store bought and everybody loved it.

I'm not a fan of Dr. Pepper but my kids are, Allen loved it too.
We ended the meal with Pecan Pie.  We were all too stuffed to eat it.  Finally, 3 days late Conner tried the Pecan Pie and loved it.

Having the 3 kids home for Christmas was such a treat.  Not sure when we'll get to Utah but it's the next stop.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment